I had yet another night where sleep alluded me as it often does these days. Clearly my mind wants sleep but my body says, no girl….no sleep for you. As a result I often wake up in need of an attitude adjustment, but today I woke up after 4 hours of sleep and decided maybe I should look at the positives in my life. Believe me, being positive when you are running on little sleep with a long day ahead is hard. So here are my gratitude’s, feel free to share your own.
1. Hot water, nothing feels better on a cold morning than a hot shower followed by great smelling lotion to slather on to keep the dry skin at bay. Today’s lotion is a warm vanilla sugar.
2. Hot coffee made with love, need I say more.
3. A cheery six year old greeting me at the bottom of the stairs, how can I not smile?
4. Raisin Bran with ice cold milk
5. A true partner who is willing to color outside the lines with me and throw caution to the wind.
Such simple things make up for a lack of sleep, that said old friend, sleep I would love it if you came back.